The big one, of course, is that this is not book 21 I’m working on!
This is book 19.
I’ve gone back and edited those posts to take out the wrong information. It just seemed easier that way than trying to note the corrections. :D
I messed up because I used the table I have in my spreadsheet to tell me how many books I have in each category of length: novel, novella, novelette, and short story. That table gave me 18+2=20 for the novel and novella length books.
Or so I thought.
This morning, I remembered something important about that table. It’s pulling data from my “Publish List” which includes every title I’ve published. The table is counting anything over 40,000 words as a novel and is counting a novel that I wrote well before 2012 and that’s no longer published.
I don’t want those two books to count.
The one, I didn’t write but compiled it from stories I’d already written; and the other, well, let me just say it’s old, I’m not sure it’s any good, and I was happy to unpublish it even though it did sell a copy and was one of the things that made me sure I could do this publishing thing for money. :D
Me and late nights do not agree.
So here is the correction:
I have 18 books and 12 short stories. (Between three pen names.)
The book I’m working on now is book 19.