I’ve been working on book covers today. I have two books I’d like to finish in the next two months. (Three, actually, now that I think about it.) And another I’d like to publish that’s already finished. (That short story I mentioned I wanted to copy edit today.)
Although I haven’t written anything today, I did do the copy edit (I still need to input the corrections), and I’ve been working on book covers. I’ve almost completed a paperback cover, and a cover for one of those books I’ll hopefully be writing as soon as I feel better.
It’s nice to know I’ve gotten several things I needed to do out of the way. It will make publishing those books a lot less stressful when the time comes! Cover design frustrates the crap outta me.
Something else that frustrates me: feeling like I’ve accomplished nothing when I have, in fact, accomplished quite a few things.
Here’s what I need to finish ASAP (practicing follow-through). :)
- Book cover I’m working on for an unwritten book DONE
- Paperback book cover for a book I published more than 6 months ago (ouch) DONE
- Paperback formatting for a book I published in the last month STARTED
- Paperback book cover for that same book
- Book cover for the short piece I copy edited today
- Corrections for the copy edited short piece
- So much more stuff I’m not going to bother writing down
I don’t like putting off writing to do these things, but if I’m going to be putting off writing anyway, well… might as well get something done.