- I become an object at rest after I publish a book. (Current streak of 0 words proves it.)
- Procrastination is a habit.
- I’ve already forgotten the third thing.
If I want to get the law of inertia working in my favor, I need a plan. I’ve let some bad habits slip into my routine over the last several weeks. Time to stop them. I’ve let procrastination become a habit.
- No more visiting forums or blogs for a while—preferably until I’ve completed the four books I most need to finish.
- No more reading articles about procrastination. :o
- No more reading the “Trending” tab on my Kindle Fire* or my other Fire tablets. Worst use of my time ever. I don’t know why I have so much trouble resisting a look at it every time I open the browser.
The secret to this plan is to get boredom working in my favor.
If I find myself turning to fiction reading to relieve said boredom, at least then it’s somewhat productive, because any fiction writer should consider fiction reading a necessary part of the job. !
Plus, reading good fiction has a major tendency to make me want to write. So there’s that.
I know that as soon as I get back into one of my stories momentum will take over and save me from myself for at least a little while. :)
*My Kindle Fire is one of the 2nd generation devices. I won it in a drawing at a local restaurant, after eating there for the first time (and last time to be honest). I love it and I still prefer it over the newest generation Fire tablet I bought in December. It’s a much better device, to be honest, all around. Still doesn’t have a scratch on it.