— To Remember —
* (Re)Committed to 1,180,000 12-month experiment
* Never try to catch up more than one day
* If I want days off, should finish week early
* Don’t need to track progress on goal (1)
* Just keep striving for my word counts daily
Today’s plan is to do eight 30 minute sessions of 405 words each.
Update: No writing on this day (yesterday now). Too much resistance. Every time I thought about getting started on that book, I had this uncontrollable urge to do something—anything—else. (Seems to be repeating itself this morning, but I’m going to have to find a way to resist the resistance.)
(1) Doing the best I can every day, only a few outcomes are likely from tracking: demotivating failure or temptation to ease up with success. Neither of those outcomes will make it more likely I’ll reach my goal.