Yesterday was a bit of a let down. I didn’t reach my goals—not even half.
Today I’m going to try to use the same plan I tried to use yesterday, with a minor change. I’m going to split up my writing sessions: 2 right after breakfast (right now, that is), 2 right after lunch, and the last (and maybe one extra) right after supper. So, the plan is 5–6 hours of writing today.
All with an aim to finish each block as soon as possible, so no dawdling.
- Write 3,933 words in 5 hours
- Copy edit 1/4 of pen name 2 book #2
- Skim read pen name 2 book #1 (checking for consistency with book #2)
This’ll be a busy day.
- Writing = 6 hours
- Copy editing = 3.8 hours (I can copy edit about 5,000 words an hour. Getting through 1/4 of the book is a stretch, but possible, I think, if I’m efficient with my writing time today.)
- Skim reading = 2 hours (I don’t want to skim so fast I don’t pick up on details.)
Total estimated time = 11.8 hours
Doable, but a stretch. I’m going for it. See you back here when I’ve got something to report. :)
I’m really failing at this today. I’m not sure what’s going on, but I think some of it is that I need that “mull over” time I talked about when I explained why writing multiple stories seems to work to get me such better word counts.
Or maybe it really is just the fact that I’m distracted by having almost no time to myself right now.