Here’s what I’m going to do to try to meet this 6,000 words in a day goal.
- These need to be final copy words or very close to it.
- They’ll all be on one story, because I really need to finish this book to meet my personal deadline.
Here’s how I’m going to structure this:
- I’m going to write in 30 minute sessions.
- I have 4 massive 4 hour blocks scheduled on my calendar. 7:30 to 11:30, 12:30 to 4:30
- I want to complete 7 sessions in each 4 hour block.
- I want to reach 858 wph average over all the sessions.
- I want to reach 3,000 words for each 4 hour block.
There it is: the plan. I’ve been trying this for days, tbh, but today is the first day where I’m going to be trying 30 minute sessions, and where I’ve laid out how a goal number of sessions I want to finish in each block.
Wish me luck. :)
FYI, I got SO lucky yesterday. No jury duty today! The case that was scheduled for court today is off the docket. Or something like that. That means I have the day to work on finishing this book. :)
Here’s how things stand at 4:24 pm:
- This is working well today
- I’m completely outside these windows now and nowhere near where I should be on number of sessions from (1) above
- Got through 4 in block 1 and sitting at 6 total all day a few minutes from the end of block 2
- My pace is 746 wph so far
- I haven’t even yet reached the first 3,000 of the day
I have to stop at 7:30 pm to make a book cover, unless I decide to put it off in favor of more writing. I’m still planning to write as much as possible, because even if I don’t hit 6,000 words today, I’m feeling close to the end of this book and I’d love to finish it tonight. :)